[MPlayer-dev-eng] playing an AVI with two video streams as stereo movie?

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 13:06:16 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 08:16:18AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Unfortunately, you don't just need any Quadro card, but an expensive one:
> > http://www.nvidia.de/object/quadro-pro-graphics-boards-linux-de.html
>
> Either way, here is a version that anyone with red/green glasses can test
> (not that I have such either, nor do I have any 3D content).
> Note that a lot of stereo content probably has broken aspect settings,
> so you'll probably want to fix that manually with -aspect.
>
> Attachment (glstereo.diff): text/x-diff, 3885 bytes

Your patch works fine for me, I just had to change calls to mpglColorMask()
as I have green-magenta glasses and not the more common red-cyan.
I then tried with http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/3D/ANIXE3D.ts and I get a
fairly good 3D effect (as far as anaglyph goes) with a small amount of ghosting.
I think the color retainment is better though when using a more complex color
matrix, for example "optimized anaglyph" described here:
http://www.3dtv.at/Knowhow/AnaglyphComparison_en.aspx

Stefan