[MPlayer-dev-eng] playing an AVI with two video streams as stereo movie?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 10:44:25 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 08:16:18AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > http://www.mygnu.de/index.php/2010/01/stereoscopic-mplayer-working-again/
>
> any chance we can get this into svn / could you review the patch?

It doesn't even apply as-is. It shouldn't be that hard to get integraded,
but it really needs testing.

> No, I can't test although I use a suitable screen ;-(
>
> Unfortunately, you don't just need any Quadro card, but an expensive one:
> http://www.nvidia.de/object/quadro-pro-graphics-boards-linux-de.html

That's just those that have a proper stereo connector (whatever that means),
quadbuffer OpenGL should be available on all Quadros AFAIK.
As should the ATI FireGL which on the low end are still a bit cheaper (but either
are hard to get).
glxinfo has a a column for stereo...