[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jul 3 10:44:53 CEST 2010

On 07/03/2010 10:36 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 10:29:40AM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
>>> Well, I have only one sample and couldn't see such a thing.
>>> Does it happen for you with http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/sub/BluRay/sample-dts-not-valid-dca-frame.m2ts ?
>>
>> See for yourself:
>>
>> http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2048/pgssubtitle1.jpg
>> the first being your sample, the second from my 2001 BD:
>> http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4968/pgssubtitle2.jpg
>
> I suspect it's a scaling bug.
> Does resizing the video or using a different -spuaa value make
> a difference?

Resizing (vf scale, normal resize) and all possible spuaa values don't
make any difference. From what it appears, the first two or three pixels
of each line are reproduced, and at the very bottom some pixels appear -
but not every time though.

>>> Hm, also not able to reproduce that with my sample.
>>> But I fear MPEG-TS support is rather crappy, and lavf is possibly even worse
>>> than the native one...
>>
>> This doesn't also happen with a dumped version of my Blu-ray, so I don't
>> know what the difference is between reading from BD with normal and lavf
>> demuxer...
>
> The stream_bd stuff might return an error when it shouldn't and confuse the demuxer
> or something like that...

bd_stream_seek doesn't look quite complicated to me, always returns 1,
and bd_read (called in bd_stream_fill_buffer) also has only one return
which should not differ in the return values. I'll throw in some debug
things to be able to tell the difference. More on that later.

On a sidenote: I deleted some older thread on this mailing list, is
there a way to set a message to the original thread's In-Reply-To???

--
Cheers,
Alex