[MPlayer-dev-eng] simple Blu-ray playback [Patch]

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Jul 2 11:21:29 CEST 2010

On 02.07.2010 10:34, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
>> Is no library support required for playing Bluray discs?
>
> 2 possibilities which will come as 2 different patches:
> - this one, no lib needed, very basic bd support (no chapter, angle,
> playlist, menu) and aacs decryption through lavf aes
> - the one i'll submit someday around, using full-featured libbluray.
>
> Ben

Just a question on a sidenote (and out of curiosity): with the first BDs
out there (without BD+ and such), I can do the playback with only the
VUK. Is this true?

And with the newer discs which use all the fancy technologies, is the
VUK still enough one needs for a feature to play, or are there other
keys to gather?

(By that I don't mean keys that have to be gotten all the time, as with
the current simple implementation, the VUK is used to get the UKs (are
these the Title Keys?), which in turn decode the feature).

--
cheers,
Alex