No subject

Mon Jul 5 14:03:39 CEST 2010

that to keep MPlayer growing in it's current speed (is that
desirable?) one needs either enforce more strict release control or
split the project into smaller parts.

If that isn't done the quality of the releases will decrease, which
will lead to less users and thereby less bug reports and patches. This
will in turn lead to slower developement cause the developers will
have to find the bugs them selfs.

Personally I would be very happy if the project was split in small
parts the following way:

1. Throw out the GUI.
2. Remove all commandline parameters except --help, --version and
   --debug-level.
3. Write a unified hirarcic control and configuration library.
4. Throw out the playlist and runtime control (i.e lirc, mouse and
   keyboard) and control the player kernel through a socket or shared
   ram using the config language described above.
5. Use an external program for reading and writing the config file
   and send the config parameters to the player kernel according to
   4. (alsa does this, very nice).

But who am I to say (i.e. sorry for pissing everyone off :).

> Rich

//Anders