No subject

Mon Jul 5 14:03:39 CEST 2010

 * WARNING!  WARNING!
 * This is an OSS (Linux) audio emulator.

> > Those lines seems to have ben patched in to make oss work on OpenBSD; see
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-April/007335.html
>
> i can't see the relation
> that patch added #ifdef SOUNDCARD_H, and it was ok.

It seems to me as if the purpose of it was to get oss_audio to work, but i
can be wrong.

> but i can't see why should we check for OSSAUDIO, when the availablity of
> soundcard.h is already checked?
> and even if OSS support is disabled, we can sue the soundcard.h for defining
> the standard AFMT constants.

Well, on OpenBSD you shouldn't (besides, all constants except AFMT_QUERY are
defined in afmt.h)

> does this patch fixes any compilation error? i can't imagine, but possible.
> or was it just cosmetics?

It won't compile (or rather link) if --disable-ossaudio is used.

I could fix it in configure (by undefing HAVE_SOUNDCARD_H if --disable-ossaudio
is specified) if you prefer that.

--
Björn Sandell       DCE/DFS Sysadmin       IT department
Chalmers University of Technology    www.dce.chalmers.se