[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] removing va_arg from control functions, equalizer fix

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 5 14:03:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

> This patch removes all the ...'s from "control" functions in vo,vf and
> vd's. IMO passing all the parameters in the data argument would be much
> cleaner way. For equalizer control, I added the structures which allow
> passing all the parameters via a pointer. This also fixes a segfault
> when using the EQ because the parameters are passed through about four
> functions and one of them drops the all the variable arguments. With the
> variable args, the fix would require checking for the type of the
> parameters on every stage, which is extremely cumbersome and error-prone.

hmm. looking at the subject, i said loud 'NO' ... but reading the mail, i
had to accept, you're right...

and i agree in that we have to remove ... from the filters... but i'm not so
sure if we have to do that with vd and vo. they don't call sub-functions,
they are always leaf.

anyway by looking at the vf implementation (done by me...) it's broken to
hell :(  (10000l for me...)
the declaration of control() contains the ..., but the default control()
doesn't receive/pass it, nor the most filters.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team