[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch 02] Fix stream_ffmpeg read near EOF (was: mplayer fails to seek large file (>2G) over http due to misparsed Content-Length)

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jan 22 07:42:04 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 03:27 +0300, Yuriy Kaminskiy wrote:
> url_read_complete instead of url_read, and fails near EOF. Patch attached {I
> verified that this patch applies to today's svn} [and later I've found similar
> commit in mplayer.git - 34c8b502e9b0b23e9719c9f41bedee9e9c314a29; it's pity such
> trivial fixes cannot find their way back in svn :-\].

I don't know how familiar you are with the project politics surrounding
the two repos. In case you haven't seen it, the following mail tries to
give some information about the overall situation:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-December/078521.html

I think the git repo is a better choice for most users already, and any
effort would be better spent on fixing the remaining glitches in it
rather than backporting things to svn (which couldn't realistically get
all the fixes).