[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] include dshow, ddraw, dinput headers

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 20 12:06:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:28:19PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:11:23PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:05:49PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/ddraw.h
> > > http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/dinput.h
> > > http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/dsound.h
> > >
> > > ideally I'd like to put them e.g. in osdep and the add -Iosdep to extra_cflags
> > > on win32 so that MPlayer compiles with -vo directx and -ao dsound even on
> > > a fresh, unmodified MinGW installation.
> > > Comments, any variant of this that would be acceptable to everyone?
> >
> > I'm not terribly fond of this, much of osdep I consider a mistake.
> >
> > IIRC we already require installing DirectX headers on Windows, so why
> > not require installing a few extra headers?
>
> We don't require any, MPlayer compiles on a fresh MinGW.

Yes, but we require installing some headers for DirectX, right?

So why don't we add another package with these headers?

> > > (due to being GPLv2 without any exception I don't think they can/should
> > > be included in MinGW, I haven't even tried to get them included though).
> >
> > What is GPLv2 and where do you see the problem?  I cannot see any..
>
> I just think having system headers that are licensed as (L)GPL would be quite
> unusual and possibly not welcome in the MinGW project.

Isn't MinGW GPL?  What license do they use for those headers?

Anyway, it looks like just a bunch of definitions and structure
declarations to me, I'm sure it's possible to relicense that.

Diego