[MPlayer-dev-eng] Crash in update_subtitles when audio only stream but with subtitles

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sun Feb 14 14:19:18 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 01:34:13PM +0100, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 09:14:18AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > Please, a proper bug report with command line and output is something we
> > don't just ask of users because they can't defend themselves but because it is
> > useful.
> > I now guess that you are using -vobsub which I admit I hadn't tested yet.
>
> I don't use vobsub I have t.avi t.idx and t.sub
> Unfortunately I've not reported a proper bugreport
> because for now I can reproduce them only with a code
> that is not in mplayer trunk (the video decoder)
>
> While reading the code I believed the flow was easy to known
> but there are some factors I've not considered.
>
> I'll try to reproduce with current codebase

Ok I found the problem, probably on my side but I'm not sure it's only my fault.

if a vd calls mpcodecs_config_vo() then fails init and returns 0
the problem occurs, for now I've moved mpcodecs_config_vo at the end
of the code so it's the last thing I do in the init.

Perhaps there is no mpcodecs_unconfig_vo() so I suppose
the only way to avoid the problem is put the call at then end of vd
init

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>