[MPlayer-dev-eng] x264 dimensions not set / float point exception

Adam M. Costello mplayer-dev-eng.amc+s0+ at nicemice.net
Wed Dec 29 23:39:55 CET 2010

compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> if you arent doing anything with subtitles its probably a better idea
> to just dump mencoder and use ffmpeg.

Last time I looked (a couple years ago) ffmpeg did not allow nearly
as much control over libx264 options as mencoder did, and ffmpeg did
not respect libx264's default values for those options, while mencoder
did.  At the time, I concluded that ffmpeg was useless for doing H.264
compression.  Has ffmpeg improved in this regard?

AMC