[MPlayer-dev-eng] New gmplayer options?

Ingo Br ückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Dec 26 12:08:16 CET 2010

Kevin DeKorte wrote on Sat, 25 Dec 2010 07:36:39 -0700:

> And why is dbus such a problem?

I'm pretty happy without dbus for years now. Installing dbus (and - in
addition and as a consequence - several other software packages to get
dbus compile) only to have a gui running seems unnecessary to me.

As far as I can see there is no gui out there that only has a simple gtk
dependency and is yet powerful enough - except gmplayer. (No offence against
other guis, I'm sure they are excellent, but I'd like just a simple,
gtk-based one.)

Ingo