[MPlayer-dev-eng] internal libfaad2 forked copy

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 14:05:42 CET 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:55:25 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 01:28:18PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> [...]
>
>I'm not aware of any issues blocking libfaad2 removal anymore.
>
>AFAIK all problems with LATM were resolved and ffaac is the default AAC
>decoder since some time now.  Speak your minds soon or be silent forever
>:)

external libfaad work ok ? anyone test it on
mac/mingw/cygwin/bsd/os2/amiga or other OS that mplayer supports but
most of our forked libs do not ?

imo we should just keep it in a seperate repo like
svn.mplayerhq.hu/libfaad2-outdated/ and if anyone needed it to test
without playing with external they could pull it that way. i guess svn
diff -r x:x > file.patch and then applying it reversed would be about
the same.

ffaac is still missing the small aac subtypes like ssr:
http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue662

-compn