[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:59:12 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> At least try to push some of the code you need for that into FFmpeg.
> I would have sever objections if we had hundreds of lines of code
> identical to VLC, MPC and other players but still had to maintain
> them all by ourselves.
> Maybe it's not that much code required for it, but still the point
> is that I don't like code in MPlayer that is of general use.

Understood.

>>So, any objections to my already work in progress on the new renderer
>
> no objections. it sounds like you are getting roadblocked at every turn!
> good luck.

Well, yes, but I'm really motivated. Thanks :)

Right now I'm looking at ffmpeg/VLC/MPC-HC code and I'm deciding what
I can reuse and as Reimar pointed - what can be pushed into ffmpeg as
common code. I'll write as soon as I have the first EVR builiding
blocks ready for commit in place.