[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer add moving text to the bottom

Fri Aug 27 13:50:08 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew Balakhanov!

 On 2010.08.27 at 11:26:28 +0300, Andrew Balakhanov wrote next:

> Good day, dear developers.
> Can you please help me.
> I start mplayer with console. And I need to add moving text to the
> bottom of player while video playing. How can I to realise it ?

This is wrong list, please use mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu for asking any
questions regarding mplayer usage.

Anyhow regarding question - you need to create .ass subtitles in
subtitle editor and fill with contents that you like, add scrolling
effects (in editor or after, using \move directive though probably its
not the only way). Then just play back video with these subtitles.

If you have any questions regarding .ass subtile format please don't ask
me as I'm not expert :) there is official specification here
moodub.free.fr/video/ass-specs.doc and some good guides in the web.

--
Vladimir