[MPlayer-dev-eng] [MPlayer-cvslog] r32009 - in trunk: eosd.c eosd.h

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Aug 24 12:26:39 CEST 2010

Le septidi 7 fructidor, an CCXVIII, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > I consider leaving out the variable names bad style.
> For consistency and documentation purposes I agree
> that is better.
> Particularly since you should also add doxygen documentation
> and I'm not sure that will work without having the names
> here as well :-)

I am of a mixed feeling about this point: I also tend to consider that the
formal parameters in prototypes are useful documentation, but I have seen
experienced people that I trust argue vehemently against them, with
arguments that seemed reasonable at the time.

Anyway, attached a patch that adds these names and the Doxygen comments.

Concerning the build failure without libass, I propose the following:

- Immediately, define "struct mp_eosd_image" identical to ASS_Image and
  cast, just like Grigori did in his patch last month.

- In the next patch (eosd-dynamic), change the cast into a copy of the
  relevant fields while building the concatenated linked list.

The copy has a little cost, but it is probably nothing in front of an alpha
blending or an OpenGL texture upload. Furthermore, it makes the work of the
clients much easier (eosd-command would become much shorter, for example).

Does this seem reasonable?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George