[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] backports/fixes from uoti demux_mkv.c for comp_algo==3

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Sat Aug 14 22:37:24 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 03:38:24AM +0400, Yuriy Kaminskiy wrote:
> Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 09:33:40PM +0400, Yuriy Kaminskiy wrote:
> >> Minimal series:
> >> min.01) Support comp_algo==3;
> >
> > Why ? What is your reason to use the old unmaintained demux_mkv.c ?
>
> Because it works better for me? (And I never hit unsupported features;
> even this patch was for friend)

Really ? Could you please be a bit more precise ?
I'm very interesed by such kind of repport. I did my best so that the
lavf matroska demuxer is at least as good or better than mplayer native
demuxer. I'm not aware of any advantage of the native demuxer anymore.
So could you please describe what works better for you ? What feature ?
What sample file ?

> > Do you plan to send more patches to actually bring demux_mkv.c to the
> > same level of feature than demux_lavf ?
>
> When/if I'll meet other file with unsupported feature/bug - maybe.
> Especially when most work already done by someone else. It would be
> certainly easier, than bringing -demuxer lavf to same level as
> -demuxer mov/mkv.

Well, to my knowledge -demuxer lavf is better than -demuxer mkv in all
respect. And if it really has some downside, bringing them to my
knowledge would probably be enough to get them fixed soon. So it would
probably be easier than to try to get the unmaintained native demuxer
fixed by sending patches yourself...

Aurel