[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quicktime. Wrong search path for codecs on Linux

Stefano stefano1981 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:53:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson <
sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 01:37:24PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
> > The only(small) problem I'm getting is that I can't speed up the
> > reproduction with a ProRes file,
> > this happen even under windows. I use the option -speed 100 to have a
> faster
> > filtering but it reproduces at normal speed.
>
> I don't know what you mean by “reproduction” and “filtering”, really.

Ya, I didnt indeed explain it well. What I mean is that I want (among the
rest) to catch the blackframes in a ProRes video using the
-vf blackframe filter. With any other formats, even using -demuxer mov, I
can speed up the process up to 100 times with the option -speed 100.
So my command looks like: mplayer INPUT_PRORES -vf blackframe -speed 100
-demuxer mov -vo null -nosound ...
The point is that with a Prores file the movie is always read at its normal
speed, so if it is 1 hour long and I want to filter out blackframes or
whatever else, I have to wait 1 hour. This happen even when not using video
filters. Just trying to run "mplayer INPUT_PRORES -speed 100 -demuxer mov"
should normally run the video 100th times faster than the normal speed, but
this doesn't happen with a Prores video, at least on my machine. You can
simply try it with the command:

mplayer INPUT_PRORES -speed 100 -demuxer mov

Cheers,

/* Steinar */
> --
> Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/