[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quicktime. Wrong search path for codecs on Linux

Stefano stefano1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 20:05:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson <
sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 05:33:46PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
> > ProRes works fine for me under Windows but I can't play it under Linux. I
> > compiled the mplayer-checkout-2010-07-22.
>
> That should be recent enough.
>
> > I've read in etc/codecs.conf that the dll AppleProResDecoder.qtx (that I
> > added to the codecs' folder) should be called, but actually mplayer calls
> > qtmlClient.dll (on Windows, and it works) and QuickTime.qts on Linux (and
> it
> > crashes).
>
> You need both. The question is where your qtmlClient.dll and QuickTime.qts
> comes from -- it's usually a separate QT codecs package. MPlayer does not
> support all QT codecs packages.

As for qtmlClient.dll and QuickTime.qts they were included in the most
recent codec's folder on Mplayer website, at the link I mentioned before. As
for AppleProResDecoder.qtx I copied it from a Windows machine but I don't
know if it's needed. I've tried to run a few ProRes video files that I found
here http://file.meyersproduction.com/hg10/ but this is what I get:
http://pastie.org/1086456

> > It would be really great if I could play ProRes on Linux but until now no
> > luck. if you can suggest something let me know.
>
> I joined MPlayer development specifically to make ProRes work on Linux, so
> it's definitely worked at some point, at least =)
>
> /* Steinar */
> --
> Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Stefano Maurina