[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quicktime. Wrong search path for codecs on Linux

Stefano stefano1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:33:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson <
sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 04:34:31PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
> > I think it's actually a bug, because I've renamed the file QuickTime.qts
> in
> > the folder /usr/lib/codecs to c:\windows\system\QuickTime.qts,
> > so now the complete path is the one I get from the output
> > (/usr/lib/codecs/c:\windows\system\QuickTime.qts)  and it loads the codec
> > (crashing anyway because it's a ProRes Video).
>
> Which version of mplayer are you using? ProRes works fine for me, but the
> support is relatively recent.
>
> ProRes works fine for me under Windows but I can't play it under Linux. I
compiled the mplayer-checkout-2010-07-22. I've installed both the w32codecs
from medibuntu and put the most recent version of codecs I found on Mplayer
websites (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/, specifically
all-20100303.tar.bz2)  in /usr/local/lib/codecs/
I've read in etc/codecs.conf that the dll AppleProResDecoder.qtx (that I
added to the codecs' folder) should be called, but actually mplayer calls
qtmlClient.dll (on Windows, and it works) and QuickTime.qts on Linux (and it
crashes).
It would be really great if I could play ProRes on Linux but until now no
luck. if you can suggest something let me know.

/* Steinar */
> --
> Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Stefano Maurina