[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quicktime. Wrong search path for codecs on Linux

Stefano stefano1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:34:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson <
sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 03:32:05PM +0100, Stefano wrote:
> > I'm trying to run a quicktime video with mplayer on Linux. The right
> codec
> > is detected, but when trying to load it, mplayer looks for a wrong path.
> > This is the output:
>
> I haven't looked at the code for some time, but I think this is actually
> more
> a misleading error message than a real bug (I thought LoadLibrary() would
> strip paths before it tried to load, but the error message might not). Do
> you
> indeed have QuickTime.qts in your codecs directory? Have you tried stracing
> mplayer to see what it actually looks for?

I think it's actually a bug, because I've renamed the file QuickTime.qts in
the folder /usr/lib/codecs to c:\windows\system\QuickTime.qts,
so now the complete path is the one I get from the output
(/usr/lib/codecs/c:\windows\system\QuickTime.qts)  and it loads the codec
(crashing anyway because it's a ProRes Video).

> /* Steinar */
> --
> Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Stefano Maurina