[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Aug 2 17:40:05 CEST 2010

On 01.08.2010 22:11, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 13:24:17 (EDT), Reimar Döffinger wrote:

if this the reason one needs to set the region for the DVD drive? I got
two new drives and couldn't play back without setting them prior to a
certain region?

>>> okay, please tell me when you consider it in an acceptable state, I'll
>>> then svn merge all 'missing' libdvdcss commits to the rc4 branch.
>>
>> Well, with r31884 it is now working for me.
>
> Synced to the rc4 branch.

Is this rc4 somewhere available? I'd like to see if this versions has
the same few DVD problems I observed as of late, i.e.

- subtitles showing up even though they have been 'disabled' with
-forcedsubsonly, pressing 'j' gets them to the correct state. Their
initial state is also in the wrong colors (approx. the same as directly
from a dumped file without the IFOs)
- -sid 0 and -slang xx (with xx being the 0th subtitle) defaulting to SID #1
- when playing with dvdnav, jerky motion (but no audio distortion
anymore) at chapter breaks
- irregular seeking behavior: forward 10 seconds sometimes moves
backwards, forward 1 minute usually works (but not forward 1 minute),
backwards funnily enough though seems to work in most cases
- seeking forward (or backward, doesn't matter) sometimes doesn't seek
to keyframes (at least that's what I suspect it is) and then takes a few
frames to have a clear picture again (before it is all blocky, so to say)

--
cheers,
Alex