[MPlayer-dev-eng] tabs removal

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 16:38:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 02:54:31PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I intend to convert all tabs to four spaces outside of Makefiles and
> imported code and then activate the pre-commit hook that prevents fresh
> ones from being added.

I still have no objections, but I know others very much disliked the idea.
It creates a minor annoyance with svn blame, but it's not that big of a problem
as long as we don't do that kind of thing all the time :-)
Note that the OpenGL code uses 2 spaces indentation - I don't mind _much_
changing that, but warn me before you change that if you intend to.
For unmaintained files I'd consider it within my authority to give you
permission to do such changes immediately.
I'd appreciate it also if you sanity-check your commits with the
svn diff -x -uwb
command from svn-howto (should produce an empty diff) and maybe also
check the md5sum of the generated binary stays the same (at least after
stripping the debug info) if the changes are really huge.