[MPlayer-dev-eng] Need debugging advice

Jonathan Nell crtrn13 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:36:59 CEST 2009

Hi all

This one is hard for me to explain but i'm going to try anyway:

I'm having a problem whereby it's segfaulting at section->buffer =
(uint8_t*) malloc(4096+256); in libmpdemux/demux_ts.c:1674 and I have
no idea why.
Running it in gdb:
section=0x25de2a0 so seems to exist
section->buffer = (uint8_t *) 0x0 initially which is correct
and then the malloc() segfaults!  only thing that I can think of is
that the process somehow runs out of mem??
Also, section->buffer = (uint8_t*) malloc(4096+256); succeeds quite a
few times before! It always dies at the same iteration. If I increase
cache with -cache, it dies at a later stage (presumably when cache is
full??)

Help!!! Any ideas how to debug this one?