[MPlayer-dev-eng] ALSA issue, r29549

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 14:55:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 02:49:52PM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > I manually set ao_data.outburst to 24576 and still have no issue.
>
> Were you able to reproduce the problem on your machine?

No.

> > The overall ao_data.buffersize is what causes the issue, not outburst.
>
> That still raises the question what the upper limit on buffersize is.
> I we knew that, ao_alsa could just call set_buffer_bytes_max.

Uh, that is all pointless, ao_data.buffersize is not used for anything
at all.
Maybe it was used for something else in the past, but at least nowadays
it actually is an input parameter only, and it doesn't actually matter
what ao_alsa sets it to (though I think it still is a good idea to set
it to the correct value).