[MPlayer-dev-eng] A question about hardware color space conversion and scaling support in MPlayer

Palash Bandyopadhyay palash0791 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:02:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

  I am a newbie in Mplayer and also in the embedded world and was hoping if someone could direct me to the correct resource.

  I am Working on adding video support on an embedded ARM9 device which has a basic framebuffer (fbdev is working). The device also has home hardware to do rudimentary color space conversion and some scaling.

  Currently I am able to play mpeg2/4 video using mplayer on the device. MPlayer uses the software CSC and Scaler. How do I go about adding hardware support for the CSC and Scaler so that MPlayer uses the hardware to do CSC and Scaling rather than software?

  Are there any documentations or samples that could help me understand what needs to be done and how?

Thanks and regards,
Palash