[MPlayer-dev-eng] aes & bluray

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 11:55:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:42:40AM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il venerdì 11 settembre 2009 11:32:06 Reimar Döffinger ha scritto:
> > Either way I admit I would simply like to have libavformat _also_
> > support decrypting (because lavf already has some other decryption
> > stuff, so this could be some kind of common way to handle all kinds
> > of encryption, MXF, ASF, AACS etc.), and I would also like it if
> > the scrambling control checks would be re-added in the demuxers in
> > a well-tested way so that people trying to play encrypted files
> > (e.g. when people do a simple file copy from a DVD) at least get a
> > proper warning instead of just strangely broken playback.
> > Overall I just have the feeling that at the demuxer layer it would
> > solve a whole bunch of problems more.
>
> well, in this case we need a .decrypter member to inizialize at
> demux_open() according to the stream type.
> I don't particularly like the idea, but...

Do you _know_ that this is needed or are you just guessing? As said, I
have not found much documentation, particularly about CSS at the demuxer
level so I don't know if the demuxer really needs to know the stream
type. I do know that DVB and HD-DVD can be distinguished with nothing
more than the value of PES_scrambling_control.