[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray playback

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Tue Sep 8 19:55:09 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 07:57 +0300, Jonathan Nell wrote:
> do that. That would mean that no keys are needed (at least until AACS
> revokes the key). An alternative would be to actually buy a key legit
> (get one donated or cash donated somehow) - i'll look into the cost.

I have no real information on which to base the following claim, but my
intuition tells me that's not going to be feasible.  Although if you
find out the cost, I'd be curious to hear it.

But if you find yourself in need of some hardware -- say a new bluray
drive after having bricked yours during development, for example -- or
some similarly small donation to help your work, I'd be willing to help
out.

I'm definitely keen to see full Blu-ray support on Linux.

> 5) BD+ is a different story entirely but lets get the AACS stuff
> sorted first (it's only Fox discs affected atm afaik). The spec is

Really?  I was under the impression that more or less all new Blu-ray
releases nowadays used BD+?

> 7) What i'm going to do next: clean up me code and refactor with
> mplayer codebase in mind. Cut out the pk code and just work on the
> code from the vuk onwards. I'm then going to have a go implementing
> this in the mplayer stream code and will let you see. Then the
> feedback can begin! :)

Your current test code is in C, I take it?

In general I think your plan of attack is very sensible.

Thanks,
Jason.