[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray playback

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:07:46 CEST 2009

2009/9/7 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>:

> That point is mood since this would be very bad code and a maintenance
> nightmare and would not be acceptable for, well, simply being badly
> coded/designed.

I understand that but what I said was a virtual scenario which implied
an *if*. Luckily, this is not the case or maybe it should have been as
Carl pointed out with his example where people report "MPlayer" bugs
which are really not core MPlayer ones but are in the libs it offers.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but if dvdcss was directly added to
MPlayer's base and would be bad code as you said, how is this
different for this bluray patch? Won't it make much more sense to turn
it into a lib so not only all other projects can use it but also
remove the duplication one will have where bluray code is specifically
added to fit MPlayer and can't be used by anything else (not closely
related to MPlayer) and then another lib, probably from a different
project, is used for all other programs that may need it?