[MPlayer-dev-eng] vdpau codec priority?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 2 16:19:28 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > Especially since the realistic use-case is not only trying to decode two
> > videos, but to decode a video which has an unsupported width (or, less
> > likely, height).
>
> How likely is that case?

The most likely case is that hardware might not support hardware accelerated
decoding for the video the user tries to play. Atm, the user had to pass -vc
*vdpau, so it should not fail be default. But if we make *vdpau the default
(which might be a good idea), MPlayer should at least fail with a more useful
output.

Would it be possible to quit instead of trying to play if config() fails in
vo_vdpau.c?

Carl Eugen