[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure error out if both OpenGL and corevideo

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 14:34:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 02:08:13PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:55:53AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > since the corevideo framework and libGL both use functions with the same
> > names (the OpenGL stuff) but different implementations, both together
> > will necessarily cause at least one to crash.
>
> Can you elaborate, it appears to work fine on my machine.  I can use
> vo_corevideo, vo_gl and vo_gl2 without problems...

Hm. I had some suspicions like that. Please try running MPlayer under
the OpenGL profiler and select some other implementation, the "Software"
one might work best to reproduce it.
Of course it might just be luck and the OpenGL stuff by chance was
linked against the -framework OpenGL libs and not the X11 libGL...