[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposed patch for ASF lock up due to consecutive video packets with no valid PTS.

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Oct 14 21:53:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 15:15 -0400, Robert Krakora wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Robert Krakora <
> > I captured the asf file video.asf with "mplayer
> > http://admin:mncamera2@192.168.1.176/img/video.asf -dumpstream -dumpfile
> > /home/silentm/MessageNet/mplayer/video.asf" and uploaded to
> > ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming as video.asf.  It plays fine as
> > a file but locks up WITHOUT my hack it playing via Ethernet.  However, I do
> > see the following line with turing on verbosity when playing the file:

> Perhaps there is another ASF packet is not present (since this is a stream
> being received via Ethernet) and therefore there is no next PTS available
> yet for the frametime calculation.

If you're playing over http then data not being available should lead to
MPlayer blocking until it is available, not MPlayer proceeding without
using the information.

Does the captured file cause a lockup if you play it over HTTP (from a
web server)? If not you could try directly capturing the original
content with wget for example to make sure it's the same as what MPlayer
playback sees (though I think -dumpstream should do that).