[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposed patch for ASF lock up due to consecutive video packets with no valid PTS.

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Mon Oct 12 21:00:31 CEST 2009

Basically the problem occurs when a frame arrives with no PTS and giant
invalid PTS value is returned by design and on the next frame it is used in
a calculation and the frame time ends up being over 1000000 and it is passed
to a sleep function causing the application to hang for hours on end.  The
overall design looks sound except for this one parasitic case which appears
to be valid.  I will attempt another patch that allows for longer frames...