[MPlayer-dev-eng] Artnet (DMX over Ethernet) Support for Mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Oct 8 10:50:41 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:38:15AM +0200, Guenther Jehle wrote:
> So now our question: We want to share our work. Are there any interests
> about including artnet support for mplayer? We think there are a lot of
> multimedia artists around which will be happy to have such an  option
> with mplayer. What do you think?

My opinion: submit a patch, it will at least help you get rid of quite a
few bugs the first try is likely to have.
It is advisable to do this as early as possible, while I tried to keep
DOCS/tech and most drivers somewhat up-to-date, the libvo stuff was
restructured quite a bit and many new implementations do things in
the "old", ugly, inconsistent way with loads of duplicated code.
Then make as much of an effort to get it integrated as you like/can
afford.