[MPlayer-dev-eng] A-V sync handling

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Sun Oct 4 17:33:09 CEST 2009

Hi

I have been looking at a way to better handle A-V sync and timing for
display of video frames.

Why is calculation of sleep time until next video frame using
mpctx->delay instead of pts values?
After a sleep based on mpctx->delay, the A and V pts values are used to
calculate A-V sync and make adjustments.

I have tested changing the code to use pts values instead and so far it
works fine, and A-V syncing is handled as part of the sleep time
calculation instead of separately. Are there any problems doing it this
way instead of using "mpctx->delay"?

Regards,

   Dan