[MPlayer-dev-eng] willing to pay for RTMP support

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 21:32:14 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:17:26 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 04:02:26PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> > We are looking for a developer that can add RTMP support to MPlayer in
>> > such a way that at least RTMP radio stations can be played back without
>> > problems. Our goal is to get this added to the main MPlayer project, not
>> > to create some kind of 'fork' for ourselves.
>>
>> I someone takes this up, I kindly request that the first try is to
>> add support for stream reading via FFmpeg (more precisely, URLProtocol
>> support via libavformat).
>> That obviously means it might be a good idea to report the issues that
>> FFmpeg's RTMP support has (and if that is actually the only issue that
>> ffmpeg has for you, that might even be enough).
>
>I took a few moments to look at this and implemented it.
>It's certain to have a few rough edges, but if you configure latest SVN
>MPlayer with
>--enable-protocol="file_protocol pipe_protocol http_protocol rtmp_protocol tcp_protocol udp_protocol"

no rtp_protocol ? after compiling with it, still no luck with
ffmpeg://rtsp://. maybe udp problem behind firewall? hmm.

>You should be able to play rtmp via
>mplayer ffmpeg://rtmp://URL

i thought it would be better to add -network switch
mplayer -network ffmpeg http://blah
so that urls do not require ffmpeg:// each time.
and possibly it can be set per protocol in config
or at least network=live555.

is gstreamer network support next? hehe
thanks for this, its a good feature!

-compn