[MPlayer-dev-eng] removing rc2 from mplayerhq.hu

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:28:38 CET 2009

2009/11/4 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com>:
> i am tired of supporting rc2
> by 'supporting' i mean telling people to upgrade.
>
> i am going to remove references to it from download page
> and move rc2 news to news-archive.
>
> any objections?

I agree with this. Way too often people come asking (on forums, irc,
mailing lists) about problems encountered on ancient rc2 and this make
it even worse when distros pick it up as they see it as "official",
yet none of the mplayer devs and more involved users advice to use it
and entourage SVN instead. I'm surprised by the resistance or
indifference to put a new rc on the front page, does it really take so
much time? The SVN changelog already says current working/development
version is rc4 and rc3 got entirely skipped and never put on the page
and I suspect same thing will happen for rc4 due to indifference to
announce it when it's ready