[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Sun Nov 1 22:12:24 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 07:19:57PM +0200, Serguei Miridonov wrote:
> > OK, may be I just just don't understand the reason why -fixed-vo
> > was implemented... May I ask anybody explain that?
>
> -fixed-vo is just to switch between two different API versions of
> libvo,

What is the purpose to have these two different API versions?

> for what I know I don't think it was supposed to have any
> real user-visible effects.

This is from mplayer manual:

-fixed-vo
      Enforces a fixed video system for multiple files (one
      (un)initialization for all files). Therefore only one
      window will  be  opened for all files.

Most probable interpretation of this by average user: only one window
will be opened and since user can change window geometry or change
modes during playback, it will be kept by mplayer until user changes
mode again just because mplayer _must_ _not_ (according to the manual)
initialize VO again.