[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Sun Nov 1 16:40:46 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 10:18:32PM +0200, Serguei Miridonov wrote:
> > To prevent this behavior, I've made changes in vo_vdpau.c (see
> > attached patch). I know, this is not the best way to fix this but
> > it was easiest to test. Probably it is better to do this at some
> > upper level for all VO.
>
> I had already implemented this at a upper level, both for size and
> fullscreen mode, search the archives.
> The real problem is implementing it in a way that makes everybody
>  happy (if possible).

I think it's impossible to make everybody happy. I just wish to have
an option which keeps window size/position or full-screen mode or
whatever I can change in VO geometry when playing multiple files in a
sequence. I supposed that -fixed-vo is exactly what it means but in
reality, in my opinion, it isn't.

If someone uses various options like -xy -fs -nofs -geometry, and so
on before every file in a command line, it is not fixed-vo, as I
think. Setting specific output for every file seems can not be with
fixed-vo.