[MPlayer-dev-eng] implementing dts in mpeg muxer

Jake L mplay at 10k.org
Thu May 28 10:18:00 CEST 2009

(following up on previous topic "dts -oac copy stuck in mpeg muxer")

given the similarity between libdca and liba52, I would like
some advice as to the prefer method of integrating dts processing:

I see that we maintain a private "liba52" subtree in our repo
that is integrated in our Makefile.

At the same time, libmpdemux/demux_ts.c contains some stripped
down (possibly relic) code from liba52 such as mp_a52_framesize()

and then there is the ffmpeg native dca decoder that sit in
our libavcodecs and libmpcodecs

So should I use the ffmpeg decoder or should I pull in the
libdca source tree and integrate it in our make system? (I will
help to maintain that subtree if the we prefer the latter).

thoughts and suggestions?

Jake