[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mencoder bug

Tom Shaw mplayer at zerofiveone.com
Thu Mar 26 16:34:57 CET 2009

Hey,

No change using MEncoder SVN-r29067-4.3.2 :(

A little bit more info.

It seems the log file is never generated no matter what I specifiy for
the first pass log file.  If I run the commands seperately:

/usr/local/bin/mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=12 -o out.vp6.flv -vf
flip -ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=/data/first.mcf -of
lavf

Produces quite a lot of output to the screen (ie the log file thats
needed)

For the second pass
/usr/local/bin/mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=12 -o out.vp6.flv -vf
flip -ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=/data/second.mcf -of
lavf

Just seems to hang, unless I enter data via STDIN.

I can provide the settings file if that would help.

I am assuming that the 2pass encoding patch from
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/patches/xx_vp6vfw_2pass_linux.diff
has been included by now.  I cant apply it as it fails:

patch loader/win32.c xx_vp6vfw_2pass_linux.diff
patching file loader/win32.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 60 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 3482.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 3637.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file loader/win32.c.rej

I do recall this fixed a similar situation but that was a long time
ago.

Thanks for the effort btw :)

Cheers,
Tom