[MPlayer-dev-eng] Developing frontend with mplayer

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Mar 16 17:06:43 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:55:38 +0100, Thawxx wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This is my first posting in the list, I hope you can help me :-)

this is the wrong mailing list for such questions
this list is for patches/development only.

>I want to develop a java frontend that uses mplayer (at first for
>windows). I downloaded "MPlayer SVN Windows with SMPlayer
><http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/> GUI (*recommended*)" but it installs
>a GUI Player too. How can I only install the mplayer.exe (and necessary
>dlls and files) so that I can then directly use it with my application
>without having the users to download the whole thing?

grab mplayer.exe without a frontend from :
MPlayer SVN Windows alternative builds	HTTP
on the download page.

or just get c:\program files\smplayer\mplayer\mplayer.exe from the
installed smplayer.

btw there are some java mplayer frontends on the related projects page,
if you want to steal any features from them :)

-compn