[MPlayer-dev-eng] SN40 Codec

Brian Victor mplayer at brianhv.org
Tue Mar 10 16:12:20 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 02:28:42PM +0000, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:15 -0400, Brian Victor wrote:
>> We need to transcode video files with a fourcc of "SN40".  I tried to
>> create a videocodec block for it, but couldn't quite get it right.
>> Since win32-codec-howto.txt recommends mailing this list, I am doing so.
>This is the usual MPEG4, just add that fourcc to the ffmpeg4 section.

Excellent observation.

What I'm seeing during playback now is two vertically-squashed images on
top of each other.  My neophyte mind conjectures that interlacing is
involved, but that's as far as I'll guess.

More details:

I downloaded mplayer and mencoder binaries from the Kovensky page.
Since those didn't come with a codecs.conf file, I pulled one from the
nightly snapshot.  It doesn't contain an "ffmpeg4" section, but does
contain "ffodivx" which is labeled "FFmpeg MPEG-4".  That's where I
added SN40.  Did I err, or is there another step I need to take to make
that file decode properly?

--
Brian