[MPlayer-dev-eng] Making mencoder encode and display video at the same time

Jesse L. Zamora xtremek2009 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:47:06 CET 2009

Hello,

	I was going though the wishlist for mplayer, and I saw (on line 181) a wish
under the "Difficult stuff" section:
	* encode and display video at the same time
As a way to learn how mplayer & mencoder work (internally), I'd like to
implement this in mencoder. I think it would be helpful for video encoding
front-ends and stuff. So does anyone have suggestions or discussions on how
this should be done?

Comments, suggestions, and discussions are welcome.

Thanks a lot,
Jesse L. Zamora

P.S. I haven't really had any experience at all with coding in mplayer &
mencoder before, so please keep that in mind as well.