[MPlayer-dev-eng] A question about MPEG-2 XvMC

Cooper Yuan cooperyuan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:18:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a question about MPEG-2 XvMC acceleration.
Current mainstream graphics cards are following microsoft DXVA
specification, that means, the IDCT coefficient data should be zig-zag order
before being sent to hardware.
If I use -vo xvmc, does mplayer will pack IDCT coefficient data to zig-zag
order and then send them to driver?

After review mplayer code, especially vo_xvmc.c, I can't find the function
which convert raster scan order to zig-zag order. it seems Mplayer send
raster scan order IDCT data to driver.

so anyone can do me a favor to tell me it's who converts the IDCT
coefficient data's order?

Cooper