[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvdnav and subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:54:49 CEST 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 23:52:13 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> It does, but sometimes there are far too many "subtitles" and it never displays
> anything. In my tests, neither -sid not -slang were working either, but I am not
> so sure that is reproduceable. It all seems rather strange to me so I don't
> exclude that it's an error I made...

	I have the exact same issue.

	The problem is simple: the subtitles doesn't appear
automatically when using -slang, unless I cycle through all of them
until I reach the one I want (in this case "pt"). And as side-effect,
everytime the DVD changes chapter, I have to select manually again the
subtitle.

	If I use dvd:// -slang works, so I assume it could be a
dvdnav:// bug... (?)

	So, there's some serious problem with dvdnav handling -slang
because it selects the correct subtitle BUT does not display it unless
we select by hand (and everytime a chapter changes or we "seek" through
the video, subtitles won't be displayed anymore and we have to select
it again and again and again).

	Seems so simple to correct, I don't understand why nobody fixed
this already. There're lots of complaints about that. For example:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/mplayer-doesnt-display-dvds-subtitles-after-start-683910/

--
Linux 2.6.30: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity