[MPlayer-dev-eng] Development Request, dialoug box on eject

MALO BRAN brandil0 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 17:16:02 CET 2009

> Hi, i hope this is the right group, or at least rests on the ear
> of someone who can do something about it. My request is simple,
> and surely can be done. On the Windows port of MPLAYER, if one
> pressed EJECT on the DVD drive while a disc is playing... it
> pops up an annoying dialoug box that is HARD to close, and
> generally screws up things. Can it be turned off in future
> developments this feature, or at least a command-line switch,
> like -eject-quiet .... because it would be a more streamlined
> thing to have. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for listening, or
> not. Bye ;)
>
> --
> Be Yourself @ mail.com!
> Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
> Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

I found this impossible to close dialog box to be a real
headache too, especially when manually ejecting dirty or
scratched discs... or in my case, my keyboard has a shortcut
to the drive eject function which by habit I must tape over
when running MPLAYER, ... or be forced to struggle with
shutting down the MPLAYER app & re-starting it thru Task
Manager each time if I accidentally press it!

hope to see a patch out for this soon.