[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSD vs EOSD

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jan 2 17:32:47 CET 2009

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 14:03 +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> Can someone please explain or point me to some documentation about the
> difference between OSD and EOSD and what EOSD is as a whole?

Currently EOSD is basically for subtitles generated by libass. It's
separate from other OSD stuff because of different color handling. Basic
OSD drawing supports only one color and is implemented for YUV
colorspaces by changing luma only. libass output is a list of alpha
bitmaps with one color for each (so the alpha value determines where
between the original picture value and the per-bitmap constant color the
final value of each pixel is).