[MPlayer-dev-eng] Documenting and extending the subtitles system

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Feb 24 18:26:20 CET 2009

Le sextidi 6 ventôse, an CCXVII, Uoti Urpala a écrit :
> I think this is still too vague a goal, and not a particularly useful
> one to implement just "for the sake of it". Pick some concrete
> functionality that you want to implement (so far the only thing you've
> mentioned was something about DVB subtitles) and start from the
> implementation of that, then improve the OSD if it becomes a real
> obstacle. Don't start from trying to improve an API you're not actually
> using.

The problem is that there is currently no API that would allow me to
implement DVB subtitles: DVB subtitles are color+alpha overlays (with a
palette, but that is irrelevant), there is currently no way to add them on
top of a video in mplayer. So no matter what, I have to design an API or
adapt an existing one.

I have started working on the tree. At the very least, I hope my first
changes would make things a little bit more readable and reduce code
duplication.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George