[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposed patch: blindly accept DVB API 5

Steven Brudenell steven.brudenell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:56:51 CET 2009

As of 2.6.28, the linux kernel headers report DVB API version 5.
Mplayer has code that checks that the version must be 3.x (x >= 1) to
use ATSC frontends for DVB adapters.

I checked out the mythtv trunk, and apparently they solved this as of
2008-12-06 by just blindly accepting the new API version. I couldn't
find any other reference in their code to this version change, so I
guess that was sufficient. I can't find docs about DVB API 5 (only
version 3 docs seem to exist) to confirm or deny this.

I tried the same simple patch against mplayer trunk, and everything
about DVB works exactly the same as with the older kernel version. I
attached the patch.